Perth will host three games at the WACA Ground:
- India v United Arab Emirates, Saturday 28 February 2015, Match start 2:30pm
- Australia v Afghanistan, Wednesday 4 March 2015, Match start 2:30pm
- India v West Indies, Friday 6 March 2015, Match start 2:30pm
- Tourism Western Australia’s Executive Director of Events, Gwyn Dolphin, said the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, which starts today in Melbourne, is set to be one of the biggest sporting tournaments of the year.
Mr Dolphin said fans have a choice of two live sites in the heart of the city where they can pull up a beanbag and watch selected games live on the big screen.
“The tournament opening match, Australia versus England, is broadcast live from the MCG on the screen in the Northbridge Piazza,” Mr Dolphin said.
“There’ll be a fantastic cricket exhibition at the WA Museum aptly named One Day from Glory: Cricket World Cup and a cricket net set up in the Perth Cultural Centre for fans to test their bowling skills and speed.
“We’re welcoming the West Indies cricket team with a free public event that will give cricket fans and the Caribbean community a chance to get autographs, photos, win tickets to the game and hear from players in a panel session,” Mr Dolphin said.
The West Indies Welcome will take place on Sunday 1st March from 5pm to 10pm with the team scheduled to arrive at 6pm at the James Street Amphitheatre in the Perth Cultural Centre.
Tickets for matches are on sale now, please visit www.cricketworldcup.com.
For more information about ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 events in Perth, visit Tourism WA's website
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be hosted by Australia and New Zealand
- 14 teams: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, Scotland, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates, West Indies and Zimbabwe
- 14 Host Cities: Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, Canberra, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Hobart, Napier, Nelson, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Wellington
- 42 pool matches – three in each host city
- Matches in Perth at the WACA:
- India v United Arab Emirates, Saturday 28 February 2015 (D/N)
- Australia v Afghanistan, Wednesday 4 March 2015 (D/N)
- India v West Indies, Friday 6 March 2015 (D/N)
- Every visiting team plays in both countries
- The ICC Cricket World Cup is the flagship event of the international cricket calendar and takes place every four years, with matches contested in a 50-over format.
- It is expected that more than 400 accredited players and officials will travel to Australia and New Zealand
- Television audience expected to be in excess of one billion people
- The ICC Cricket World Cup will engage one fifth of the world’s population
- Children’s tickets available for every match
- A child category is determined by a person being aged 16 or under at the time of the match
- Children’s tickets $5 for every pool match
- Children’s ticket for quarterfinals are $20, semifinals are $30, and final are $60
- Adults tickets from $20
- Two-thirds of total tickets $50 or less
- Travel Packages are on sale, go to www.icctravel.net
- Buy tickets and hospitality at www.cricketworldcup.com
Notes to Editors
- High Res images for media use can be found here
- To view a summary of the ticket prices, click here
- To view the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 fixtures, click here
- For more information about ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 events in Perth, high res destination images, visitor statistics and more, please visit Tourism WA's website www.tourism.wa.gov.au
About the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
For more information on the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, including team fixtures, please visit http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/fixtures
The official tournament hashtag is #cwc15.
Tickets are on sale now, please visit www.cricketworldcup.com.
Dianne Bortoletto, Pronto PR, email@example.com, 0439 997 075